Monday, July 18, 2011

I finally get it

I have had one of those weeks, months, years, when the message from God's throne is coming at me from every source that I value and receive from. ( Dreams, visions, circumstances, the pulpit,the word, my own spirit)  It is the message that I most need to hear so that I am the most effective.  The message is to Pray. It doesn't make me feel condemned or ashamed anymore  when I am reminded to pray because I now value prayer more than ever before after discovering that it actually works. I really get it now that all structures are built up or torn down in the spiritual realm ( 2 cor. 10)  we do not wrestle against flesh and blood.  Yelling at your spouse or children does not accomplish what you really want, but taking out the spiritual entity that is causing the problem through prayer does.
        I have realized only just now in my mid forties that I accomplish so much more for the kingdom, my family and myself by speaking to God about things than speaking to the people and/or situation from my own viewpoint. I get it that I don't have to make a public announcement or force my will or make anyone else aware except for God and that makes the answer that much sweeter.  3 years ago, I never would have dreamed that my main ministry to the Lord and people would be ( prophetic) intercession and I believe that God is calling alot of us to this ministry.  I planned my whole life to be a preacher and a teacher, but I am most fulfilled and see the most fruit as I remind God of his word in faith through prayer.  As I was recently reminded all the great leaders ( visible or not) from Moses to Jesus himself were intercessors. 
        I was listening to a very popular evangelist share a story this morning about a ministry trip to Africa  a few years back.  He was so amazed at the incredible anointing, miracles and response from over 50,000 people who attended an African crusade. As he was recounting it all to the organizer of the event, he was asked, " Well you know why all this happened don't you?  The intercessors came two weeks ago and have been praying from 4 am until dark everyday until evening and they left before you came to go pray for another event.  They didn't need to see the miracles happen, they already saw them take place ahead of time in their intercession, they pulled it down."   The evangelist was humbled and went to the shack that smelled like sewer where they had been praying.  The presence of God still remained. 
      When I pray for an individual, or my local church or my region or for the nations, thats what I am doing.  I am praying until I know in my spirit that something has happened.  Many times what we pray together on Saturday happens on Sunday very clearly and the intercessors rejoice knowing that they were co-laborers with the angels that were released.  I want to share some encouragement to those that want to be effective in their walk through prayer. If we want to be closer to God, prayer draws us into intimacy with God's heart like nothing else can and unifies us with his heart for God's people while at the same time changing us and transforming us.

*  Dont' just think about it or talk about it- pray it-  James 4:2- " you have not because you ask not"
*  How do we know what to pray for?
1. God initiates what he wants us to pray by declaring it in his word, to pray better we need to know his word better. ( John 15:7-8) If his word abides in you , you will bear fruit.- develop an action plan to read through the whole bible over and over. The new testament can be read in one month if you read 10 chapters a day.
2. We respond in obedience and prayer to that initiative reminding God of his word and promises.
3. God's response is set in motion, even if we don't feel the power.
* Pray in the spirit to receive revelation  ( I cor. 14:2, 4)
* Develop a written prayer list to avoid deer in the headlights syndrome, when you actually do pray

No comments:

Post a Comment